IF you only plan on using the Android device to brag to your friends about how good your device is and how many things it can do, don’t bother reading this. This is oriented towards the people that actually use the Android device for their work. Be it only to open some PDF documents or to edit .doc or .docx or any other extension of file you can imagine from the Microsoft Office.
If somehow the original Quick-Office that is already integrated on your Android device when you get it is not enough to satisfy your greedy needs for Office, I shall now show you a few alternatives to it.
Well if Quick-Office wasn’t good for you and you found it boring, then I suggest you not touch this one either. This is the PRO version of Quick-Office offering a lot more content than its predecessor, the FREE one and it’s really good for all sorts of things. This is also the only PAID program you will see in this short article, so if you aren’t planning on spending a bit of money to get some really high quality merchandise, than don’t bother reading this.
Without need of saying, you can create, edit and even share Microsoft Office documents, spreadsheets and presentations, as well as open PDF files ( normally you would need a reader or something but Quick-Office PRO has one already integrated ). The most recent updates of this app include Office 2010 support, Evernote, Catch and Egnyte access. You can also merge or split cells and there are new sharing partners available. There are more new features than this one, but if you want to see them, try it out for yourself.
The Quick-Office app is recognized by Google as the Top Developer ( that’s you it’s already pre-installed on many Android devices ) and it offers the most connected and comprehensive mobile office suite available for Android. You can work with Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations while easily accessing files remotely with the enhanced Connected File Manager. Through it you get easy access to sharing files from your device or your Google Docs, Dropbox, Box, Evernote, Catch, Egnyte, Huddle, SugarSync or MobileMe accounts. So as you can see, quite a large list of sharing options. As I’ve mentioned before, there is also a free already included PDF viewer.
A list of features for those who don’t like to read large paragraphs :
- Create, View and Edite Microsoft Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and more.
- Access Google Docs, Dropbox, Box, Evernote, Catch, Huddle, SugarSync and MobileMe with ease.
- Access and manage files from your device with ease.
- View Office and non-Office files within the file manager with ease.
- Create, copy, move, delete or rename files and folders with ease.
- Share files via E-Mail, SMS, Bluetooth, Cloud services and Social Media with ease.
- Browse zip files and copy files from zip folders to other directories with ease.
So for an easy and efficient Office, choose this one. Still, if aren’t interested in Paying for an app, keep reading to see the FREE alternatives. However, word of the wise, they are somewhat inferior to this Premium one. But that’s how life is, you always get more with Premium quality.
This is a very complex Office application which does nearly as much as the Quick-Office PRO one, but is lacking quite a few of the Premium features offered by it. Still, it is a good FREE alternative.
Kingsoft is known as the most user-friendly Office for mobile devices : it’s good no matter the size of the screen, be it for a Cellphone or a Tablet. It also offers a lot of features and is free to boot.
- View & Edit DOC, DOCX, TXT files;
- View & Edit XLS, XLSX files;
- View & Edit PPT, PPTX files;
- View PDF files;
- User-friendly & nice UI;
- Built-in file manager that can automatically organize your office document;
- Tight integration with the mail application: you can open the attachment, and can directly send after modification;
- Support the cloud storage services with WebDAV protocol;
- And we will continuously update the App, adding new features!
Well since the time that it has gotten those features, it has also been updated, and it now holds quite a few more features. Some bigger than the others, some not so important, minor tweaks and stuff like that. Still, it’s interesting to see that the people who made it keep updating it despite the fact that they receive no monetary gain from sales.
- Support copy and paste between Apps
- Can view and edit documents in Page-Layout or Web-Layout
- With Reader mode, you can easily switch to reader mode after open the document
- Full screen reading mode
- Select the text with a magnifying glass to aid positioning
- Display a variety of graphic objects
- Open the encrypted documents
- Save encrypted DOC files
- Display DOC documents headers and footers, comments and revisions.
- Display tables wrap effects in the DOC files.
- With the paragraph Indents and Spacing function, you can easily adjust the paragraph indents and spacing.
- Search function
- Sort function
- Full screen reading mode
- Freeze panes
- Quickly display the calculated results of the selected area (sum, average, etc.)
- Display charts, view chart details
- Select cells by trackball and keyboard arrow keys
- Open the encrypted documents.
- Display the AutoShapes in XLS files
- Display the radar charts, separation pie charts, composite pie charts, ring charts, etc. in the XLS files
- With thumbnails list like PC Office, for convenient slide switch
- Support Play mode
- Support laser pointer when playing
- Display tables
- Display charts
- Support external Bluetooth keyboard and USB keyboard input
- Support external keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-S, etc. And we are adding more)
- Display history files as photos wall
Well, there you have it. You have your choice between a FREE one and a PRO one. While some are inclined towards the PRO one simply because it’s premium ( and premium usually offers more benefits than free ), you can also get the job done with the free one as well. The differences aren’t too big between them, in the end. But don’t take my word for granted, instead, try them out for yourself.