Things are happening in the gaming markets. Since its recent launch 6 million PlayStation 4 consoles have been sold. Microsoft is in a similar position with the Xbox One, which to date has sold around 4 million units. While those figures might sound impressive, dig a little deeper and they tell an altogether different story. Compared with the previous generation of gaming consoles their sales are very disappointing. The fact is that the game console market is shrinking, and shrinking rapidly.
So does that mean that gaming is going out of fashion? The answer is a resounding no. The reason is that gaming has gone mobile. Ever since 2007 mobile apps have dominated the market and gaming franchise such as Angry Birds and Candy Crush have grown enormously. As mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets get upgraded on an annual basis there is always something enticing to attract mobile gamers. So, if you are into mobile gaming and you play games that range from online casino gambling games at sites like www.iphonecasino.com.au to some of the latest blockbusters what are the best tablets to play them on?
Currently the best tablets for gaming in 2014 are:
- iPad mini with retina display – there is little more to be said about this amazing device. Although it doesn’t have the highest spec in reality its performance is up there with the rest.
- EVGA Tegra Note 7 – this heads our list of Android tablets. The reason is simple; it is blisteringly fast. Its 3DMark’s Ice Storm mobile platform test gives a performance figure of 16,372, and there is no other tablet that comes near.
- Asus Transformer Pad TF701T records the second fastest 3DMark test we have found with a figure of 14,172.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has a 3DMark test performance of 13,677
- Google Nexus 7 has a 3DMark test performance of 10,579